Translate

How to remove shortcut arrows from desktop without any app

We all have pet peeves. Some are rational, others may appear irrational to others. I am not sure where this registry trick falls into, but shortcut arrows on the desktop drive me crazy. There is just something about making an otherwise nice desktop icon busier with those arrow overlays.

This easy step by step guide shows you how to get rid of them!

What arrows?


In case you do not know what I am referring to let me explain. Since the days of Windows 95 whenever you placed a shortcut on the desktop for app or document, an arrow is placed on the lower corner of the icon. I get why it is there, at least for documents (you do not want to delete the original), but I think it makes less sense for apps. We just do not install apps to the desktop.

How to remove shortcut arrows in Windows 10

1. Open up regedit

(1) Press win+R and type regedit and press enter

2. Answer yes

When prompted Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC? Choose Yes

3. Navigate

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

4. Create Key

Right click on \Explorer and using the dialog menu choose New > Key and name it Shell Icons. Press Enter.



5. Create String Value

In the right pane of Shell Icons, right click on an empty area, and click/tap on New and String Value. Name it 29.

6. Modify String Value

Double click/tap on the 29 String Value to modify it. You should see a blank box called Value data.

7. Define String Value

In the Value data box enter (or copy and paste): %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50 and hit OK when done.

8. Restart

You can now either reboot the computer or log off and on back again to complete the changes.

Afterwards, you should have a nice, clean desktop with no arrow shortcuts.
SHARE
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 coments ::

Anonymous said...

hi,i'm Brian, i had my friend help me hack my ex's email, facebook, whatsapp,and his phone cause i suspected he was cheating. all he asked for was a his phone number. he's email is (hotcyberlord425@gmail.com)..IF u need help tell him Brian referred you to him and he'll help. Am sure his going to help you do it, good luck

vasishth vyas said...

hi brian do u have access of his mobile???

Smith22 said...

Life is full of drama and dilemma which can make you lose all hope and faith. You might even think of committing suicide when life issues get at you. All you need to do is to be strong, learn to motivate, encourage and jeer up yourself. Hard times never lasts, remember there is always a light at the end of a tunnel. People changes but God remain constant with his promises. I faced fierce turbulent situation in my relationship in the past few months ago, from having issues with my wife and all of that. I just woke up one day and I prayed to God for a way out. I spoke to a friend about this and he told me to be calm and introduced me to a great IT expert who helped me get into my cheating wife device retrieve all her text messages, call logs, iMessages, Zoom calls, Snapchat, Instagram and Skype activities. I was at first skeptic of using his services but the word of God came to me he’s the real deal after seeing many good and satisfactory recommendation about him. Many thanks to Smith, you can get in touch with him at Williamsdhackghost (@) gmailcom for all investigatory, spying and tracking services. He’s the best out here, this info retrieved from my wife’s phone helped me to reconstruct my relationship. We got different intents coming here to search for an app to track our partner or friends so it’s advisable to know the truth and not fall prey to the evil ones. His other services include: Website hacks, Retrieval of deleted messages and files, Phone cloning, retrieval of stolen bitcoins and lost wallet address passwords and many more. Reach out to ( williamsdhackghost (@) gmailcom) now!!! and enjoy a quality and wonderful service.

Email: WILLIAMSDHACKGHOST@GMAIL.COM

Website: WIlliamsdhackghost . Com

WhatsApp: +13523543740

Text: +19044177214

Cyber World